Physical Education & Health
Follow us! @D218PEHealthDE CHSD 218 PE, Health, Driver Ed, JROTC
At CHSD 218, we offer an array of experiences that help students learn the importance of physical activity as well as how to be physically active. We believe strongly in the research that supports the connections between physical health and academic achievement, between fitness and mental-emotional health, and between physical education and leadership, sportsmanship, cooperation, and teamwork.
The mission of the CHSD 218 Physical Education & Health Department is to empower students to develop healthy, build self-esteem and become lifelong participants of physical activity. The District 218 Physical Education staff believes that all students have the capability to:
- Learn and understand how to make a healthy decision.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behaviors.
- Improve their self-esteem and confidence through physical activity.
- Set and plan how to work towards healthy goals.
- Value the importance of physical activity and the impact that it will have on their lives.