About the Program
The Regional Institute for Scholastic Excellence (RISE) serves students from grades 6 through 12 who are eligible for suspension or expulsion, or who have been suspended or may be expelled due to gross misconduct. It is offered to students by the local public school districts serviced by the South Cook Intermediate Service Center #4 as an optional educational opportunity for students who may be expelled, are suspended, or at risk of failure or dropout. Students must meet the RISE criteria for attendance, behavior, academics and community service to be considered for returning to CHSD 218.
- Designed to address the needs of each student through comprehensive planning, monitoring and assessment.
- Individual planning and goal setting
- Social work services are provided
- Acquire the education and skills necessary to return to their home school
- Student with major infractions of CHSD 218 Student Discipline Handbook. The major areas for consideration are possession or use of a weapon, assault of staff or student, possession or sale of drugs, chronic fighting, physical violence, arson, theft, destruction of property, sexual harassment, hazing, gang related activities, and/or patterns of disruptive discipline that impacts the school, staff and students.
- Student must be referred by the home school in conjunction with the approval of the Delta Principal
11218 S. Ridgeland Ave.
Worth, Illinois 60482