Safety and security are important concerns for our technology programs. We utilize multiple layers of security to provide a safe learning environment for all students. We recommend that parents monitor iPad usage when students are not at school.
Web Content Filter:
- Applies to ALL student iPads while connected to the District 218 Wi-Fi network.
- Blocks access to inappropriate web pages and digital content.
- Does not work while students are off school grounds or at home.
- Please contact your Internet service provider (Comcast, AT&T, etc.) for options to filter web content at home.
- Applies to ALL student iPads at all times (during school hours and at home).
- The App Store has been removed from all district-provided iPads. Students are unable to view or download apps from the App Store.
- All apps needed for school are available in the Self Service app on the iPad. Self Service is the District 218 App Store.
- Apps available for download in Self Service must be requested by teachers and approved by district administration before students can install the apps.
- These restrictions are designed to keep students focused on educational apps and minimize distractions from games and other apps that are not needed for class.