Safety and security are important concerns for our technology programs. We utilize several layers of security to provide a safe learning environment for all students. We also provide an option for parents to select stronger restrictions for student iPads. We recommend that parents monitor iPad usage when students are not at school.
Web Content Filter:
- Applies to ALL student iPads while connected to the District 218 Wi-Fi network.
- Blocks access to inappropriate web pages and digital content.
- Does not work while students are off school grounds or at home.
- Please contact your Internet service provider (Comcast, AT&T, etc.) for options to filter web content at home.
Standard App Restrictions:
- Applies to ALL student iPads at all times (during school hours and at home).
- Notifications from social media and messaging apps are disabled to reduce distractions.
- Prevents students from downloading and using apps that promote bullying or risky behaviors.
Heightened App Restrictions:
- Applied to individual students if requested by a parent or guardian.
- Prevents students from downloading and using common social media and messaging apps at all times (during school hours and at home). These apps include:
- Facebook Messenger
- Heightened restrictions prevent student use of apps; students may still be able to access these services through a web browser (such as Safari).
- Please contact a school administrator if you would like to request that your student be placed on heightened restrictions.