Phase 1: Remote Learning Updated
CHSD 218 has made the decision to continue Phase 1 Remote Learning indefinitely. This decision will be revisited on a regular basis. The decision to move to Phase 2 blended learning or all in-person instruction will be made based upon recommendations and information provided by ISBE, IDPH, and CDC. Staff and students will be given ample time (approximately 2 weeks) before a transition to blended or in-person learning is made.
There will be TWO MAJOR CHANGES to Phase 1 Remote Learning:
- After Labor Day, students will attend Zoom classes 4 days per week.
- We will be eliminating the A/B schedule. This will allow students more instruction and teacher contact time.
- Starting Tuesday, September 8, all students will follow their schedule and attend live instruction classes via Zoom 4 days per week.
- On holiday weeks (e.g. Labor Day), students will attend their Zoom classes 4 days per week. There will be no Independent Learning Day.
- On non-holiday weeks, Wednesday will remain an Independent Learning Day, although all teachers will be available for questions, re-teaching, tutoring, etc. every Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- The school day will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Starting on Tuesday, September 8, the student school day will begin at 9:30 a.m. This provides more time in between class periods for both students and staff.
- Below is the bell schedule for Phase I Updated which begins after Labor Day on Tuesday, September 8.
Remote Learning Updated Bell Schedule
Starting September 8, 2020
|1||9:30 a.m. - 10:08 a.m.|
|2||10:13 a.m. - 10:52 a.m.|
|3||10:57 a.m. - 11:36 a.m.|
|4||11:41 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.|
|5||12:25 p.m. - 1:04 p.m.|
|6||1:09 p.m. - 1:48 p.m.|
|7||1:53 p.m. - 2:32 p.m.|
|8||2:37 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.|
Remote Learning Updated PDF
Updated: September 2, 2020